My name is Amy, and I think reading this blog might solve all your problems. Actually, it won’t, but I had to throw it out there anyway. You know, to break that awkward introduction moment.
I don’t know how you landed on this page, but I’m pretty thrilled you’re here. Hopefully you’ll stick around.
I hope you’ll come here when you need to laugh. And when you need to know that someone else doesn’t have-it-all-together either.
You might be disappointed if you came here looking for deeply intellectual theology, crockpot ideas, or step-by-step instructions on how to sew curtains. Because I can get a little nerdy with Bible stuff at times, but I’m not sure you’ll ever see me quoting a cookbook. I also can’t tell you How-To-Anything. (Just so you know.)
If you remember anything I say, I hope it’s this: that God made you on purpose, for a purpose. He isn’t waiting for you to get your life on track before you start following him; and he’s not keeping your score. He just loves you. And he thinks you’re awesome.
So…since we’re going to be friends, it’s always good to have a conversation. So here’s me, pretending you’ve asked me fascinating questions about my (not-so) glamorous life:
- I have an awesome husband, Larry, who is my hero. He is definitely the brains (and the handyman) (and the wisdom) of this outfit.
- I am a stepmom to three older children: Lauren, Alex, and Kathryn. I birthed one child of my own, Luke, a 9 year old skeptic, who already worries about where he will go to college. Clearly, the obsessive, neurotic tendencies are genetic. (I would blame it on Larry if anyone would halfway believe me.)
- I spent eleven years working in a recruiting firm, where I was most recently a Managing Partner of an economics recruiting practice. I left that role to become America’s 986th blogging housewife.
- I am domestically challenged to a fault. (You took a wrong turn if you are here looking for cooking tips.)
- Sometimes I forget to brush my teeth in the morning. Not often, but it happens.
slightly a lotsomewhat obsessive compulsive. But I’m also ADD. Which just means that I get really into A Thing, but The Thing changes regularly.
- My favorite food in all the earth is peanut butter and jelly.
- I’m the girl in front of you in the line at Starbucks…the one with the obnoxious order.
- I’m pretty much a nerd when it comes to the Bible. I kind of can’t get enough of it (mostly because it’s changed my life); and I tend to want to tell everybody what I learn from studying it. (Mostly because it’s so awesome.)
No matter how you stack it up, I am probably not too different from you. As long as you’re good with that, I think we’ll like each other a lot.
Join us on the bleachers!
This is where you sign up for your own special seat on the bleachers.
You'll get every new blog post hand-delivered to your inbox, and you'll also get the *cool, free stuff* reserved only for subscribers.
(It's sort of like VIP, club-level tickets.) (Except totally free.)